You must call the Church Office at 386-428-6426 and make an appointment with a priest 6 months prior to your anticipated wedding date. A firm wedding date should not be made prior to speaking with a priest. Pre-Cana program is required for all couples in preparation for the sacrament.
A wedding is a special and joyful time for a bride & groom, for their families and friends and for the entire parish community. Great care is taken to see that the Wedding Ceremony is reverent, graceful, beautiful and open to the movement of God’s spirit among us.
Designation of Parish
- Marriages are celebrated in the parish where at least one of the parties is registered. Couples wishing to marry outside their parish must obtain approval from both pastors. Weddings outside of a Catholic Church require permission of the Bishop.
Day and Time of Wedding
- Saturday is the customary wedding day. Weddings are scheduled to begin between the hours of 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. Weddings must start at the appointed time.
- Please reserve the Church for rehearsal and wedding time. Rehearsals begin promptly at the set time. Call the Church Office to set a time.
- All Music chosen must be suitable for a Church Service. Marina Moffett is the sitting Organist.
- He will provide you with suggestions and guidelines concerning the music, as well as his fees. After you have secured a date with a priest, please contact her to make an appointment to plan your music 386-428-6426.
- No flowers are to be placed on the Altar. No furnishing or seasonal decorations may be rearranged or removed. Adhesive tape or hot glue may not be used on pews. For safety reasons, Aisle Runners can not be used.
- It is suggested that young attendants be at least 4 years of age.
- No rice, flower petals or substitute materials may be used inside or outside the church.
- Photo sessions after the ceremony must end before the beginning of the next service.
- Please observe the regulations as presented by the Wedding Directors. Thank you.
A Unity Candle stand and mat are provided by Sacred Heart Church. Candles for the Unity Candle Ceremony should be at least 9 inches in length and are provided by the Wedding Party.
- Candles cannot be placed on the pews or anywhere else in the Church that is not dictated by the liturgy.
- Sacred Heart Church provides a dressing room for the bride. Space for others dressing in this room is limited.
- Receiving lines are not permitted in the Church following weddings.
Eating, Drinking, and Smoking
- are prohibited in the church building.
- The Bride & Groom are asked to inform photographers, musicians and florists of these guidelines. The conduct of participants should reflect reverence & respect for this sacred place.
- Catholics must furnish a recently issued copy of their baptismal certificate (no older than six months). This may be obtained by writing or calling the church where Baptism occurred.
Death Certificate / Annulment Decree
- If the proposed marriage is not the first marriage for either, documentation must be provided establishing freedom from a prior marriage.
The Focus Survey
- will be pre- arranged by the priest at the parish office and taken online by the couple, individually.
- Upon completion, the results will be discussed with the priest during an appointment
Pre-Cana / Engaged Encounter
- It is a Diocesan requirement that each couple preparing for marriage submit a certificate showing they have attended the Pre-Cana Conference or Engaged Encounter. Dates and times can be found online at http://www.orlandodiocese.org/ministries-offices/marriage-preparation
Form A – Prenuptial Questionnaire
- This official Document is administered by the priest to the couples individually.
Form B –
- These documents are to be filled out by parents, relatives or close friends, and returned to the priest.
Photographers are reminded that they are guests in our church. Picture taking after the ceremony must end before the next service. Confessions on Saturday afternoon are at 3:00 pm and Vigil Mass is at 4:00 pm. We will need her/his name and telephone number. Flash equipment is permitted only during the beginning and end of the ceremony. Time exposure is permitted from the Congregation seating area ONLY. Videotographers can set up only one video camera and must leave it stationary during the service. The Sanctuary area is provided for photos for no more than ½ hour. Following is a list of poses that may be taken during this time.
Please do not add to this list.
- Bride & Groom with pastor
- Bride & Groom with her parents
- Bride & Groom with both set of parents
- Bride & Groom with his parents
- Bride & Groom with his complete family
- Bride & Groom with her complete family
- Bride & Groom with entire wedding party
- Bride & Groom with bridesmaids & flower girl
- Bride & Groom with ushers & ring bearer
- Bride & Groom with maid of honor & best man
- Full length of Bride facing photographer
- Full length of Bride & Groom facing photographer
- Full length of Bride & Groom facing each other
- Close up of Bride & Groom
- Reenact exchange of rings
Outside settings are available before and after weddings. They make beautiful photos and allow you more time for your picture taking.
No photographers can stand on the dark carpet, at the Sanctuary of the Church. The Photographer MUST check in with Wedding Coordinator upon arrival to the church.